Gulfport, Fla. – For years our country’s Independence celebration has been based on grillin’ meat, drinking beer, and elaborate fireworks displays. We’ll FINALLY my friends at the Golden Dinosaur have joined forces with some of the best in the Burg to bring vegans a celebration we can also take part in!
If you are looking for a place to enjoy a full day of events, Gulfport is the place to be.
Starting bright and early, the Free Family Sand Sculpture Contest sponsored by the Gulfport Recreation Division will take place from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. on Gulfport’s very own Municipal Beach. The theme is “All American Sports”, so bring your own tools and supplies, registration begins at 9:30am.
The Weenie Riot
For those wanting to prove that they can keep up with Joey Chestnut, there will be the traditional, yet Vegan, Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating contest starting at …..4:20! Maybe if it started a minute later you may be able to consume a few more?!
If you prefer not to gorge over your food, the great folks from Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida will have a booth to Hug-a-Weenie. Hello Darlin’ Records, will be keeping the party lively with tunes to make ya move.
All your dogs and sausages you can top with toppin’s from Golden Dinosaur, Nah Dogs and St. Pete Ferments. There will be free beer samples from Mastry’s Brewing Co and so much more!!!!
This is not only a great way to enjoy the day, but it’s also a great location to catch the Parade and Fireworks show.
At 6PM the city of Gulfport continues with their long standing tradition of welcoming local businesses, organizations, family and friends to take part in the Parade. Bring your red, white and blue and have some fun celebrating the 4th of July!
The New Horizons Band of Gulfport will perform on the Casino Pad at 7:30 P.M.
9 P.M. is show time! Gulfport invites you to stay and end your wonderful day of celebrating Independence Day with a phenomenal fireworks display.
To make sure you don’t miss a beat, the City of Gulfport, through J & M Displays, will provide an iPhone and Android app that will allow anyone who downloads the app to hear the show music in real time in sync to the fireworks.
Just Scan the QR code.
Parking & Road Closures
To allow for everyone to have an enjoyable 4th, the following road closures will take place:
- Shore Boulevard east of the Casino will be closed to 54th Street and Essex Avenue South at 6 A.M. on Thursday, July 4, 2019.
- Beach Boulevard will be closed from 31st Avenue South to Shore Boulevard and 56th Street at 2 P.M. on Thursday, July 4, 2019.
- Beach Boulevard south of 28th Avenue South to 31st Avenue South will be temporarily closed for the City’s 4th of July Community Parade from 5:30 PM until 7 P.M.
To accommodate all the out of the area guest, the city has set up remote parking:
- Holy Name Church – 5800 15th Avenue South
- Little League/Tomlinson Park – 19th Avenue & 55th Street
- Hoyt Field – 2306 56th Street South
- Senior Center/Theater – 5501 27th Avenue South
- Chase Park/Museum – 54th St. S. and 28th Ave. S.
- Gulfport Municipal Marina – 4630 29th Avenue South – (Last scheduled drop off is 9:45 P.M.)
- Gulfport Public Library – 5501 28th Avenue South
- Ted Phillips Wood Ibis Park – 58th St. S. and 28th Ave. S.
- Michael J. Yakes Recreation Complex & Beach Parking Lot – 5730 Shore Blvd. South
**Immediately following the Parade, the Gulfport Special Events Trolley will loop the City’s offsite parking locations until 10 P.M. including north of Gulfport Boulevard with the Municipal Marina’s last scheduled drop off at 9:45 P.M. If you see the trolley, just give the driver a wave and they will pick you up along the route.